Near about 200,000 people suffer from abscessed tooth in the nation almost every year. This can take place either between a tooth and the gum or at the root of a tooth.
Should your teeth for no good reason turn dark in color, covered with yellow pus with foul smell?
This is the first symptom that will make you alert about your abscess tooth. The pain is so intense that can make you faint at times.
List of symptoms of an abscessed tooth:
- Sharp, shooting, throbbing pain that don’t go away easily.
- Random occurrence of fever.
- A bitter taste can inflict inside your mouth.
- Tooth sensitivity due to cold and hot.
- Swelling and redness in the gum.
- An ill or uneasy feeling.
- Constant discomfort in mouth.
- Open sore in the side of the gum.
- Inflicting pain while you are speaking.
- Feeling uneasiness all the time.
- Bad breathe with constant unpleasant taste in mouth.
You badly need dentist’s attention:
- If the infection starts inside a tooth, dentist will make a small hole in the tooth. This will allow the abscess to drain. In this case dentist will prescribe a root canal followed by a filling or a crown
- If the abscess formation has affected a large area, then dentist will probably remove the tooth. The larger the abscess the more the urgency arises to drain it away. He will make a hole in the gum through the bone that provides a gateway for any fluid or pus. This will reduce the risk of further spread of infections.
- Later on he will prescribe antibiotics and painkillers, to keep infections away.
- Ibuprofen is the favored painkiller for dental abscesses, but if you’re not proficient to take it for medical reasons, you can take paracetamol Aspirin should not be given to children under 16.
Do you know what causes an abscessed tooth?
Poor oral hygiene- plague and sticky white hard substance; tartar can form at the back of your teeth due to poor oral hygiene.
Sugary and starchy food- these encourage bacteria and make it prone to decay.
Previous injury or surgery your teeth might have undergone- bacteria breed more in this region.
Having certain health conditions- diabetes or other medical condition can make you suffer from abscess tooth.
Relax your abscess in your home:
Soak your mouth three times each day with lukewarm salt water to assist in eradicating as much of the bacteria as feasible from the area that has been tainted and then slightly ease the pain.
Call 214-643-8146 to treat any symptoms of having an abscess tooth. Dallas Duncanville, TX office will take care of your teeth and will not make you feel miserable.