When your tooth gets decayed, the dentist clears the affected area and puts a filling material in it. This restrains the bacteria from affecting the tooth again. All of you must be quite acquainted with traditional metal fillings as dentists used it the most several years back. But today, they have introduced quite a lot of filling materials.
This write-up will help you in understanding the differences between traditional metal and tooth-colored filling. We have mentioned some of the differences right below. Go through them to get a clear picture.
- The dentist might find it quite difficult to place a tooth-colored filling in a wet mouth, therefore the area should be dry for the perfect fixation.
- But, on the other hand, traditional metal fillings can be easily fixed on a wet tooth and it’s a huge benefit because placing most filling materials in a wet mouth gets impossible.
- It’s a fact that metal fillings don’t sport a look as natural as your original tooth, but it is extremely robust and is known for its longevity.
- Talking about composite fillings, they look exactly like your natural teeth and is preferred by most people these days. You might not be able to figure out the difference between your original tooth and the tooth-colored filling once it gets fixed.
- There could be an instance where the structure of your tooth-colored filling might get affected. Fret not if that happens because it can be easily repairable, just consult your dentist and he/she will mend it.
- But, it is not the same when it comes to traditional metal fillings. The entire filling might get replaced if there is a hole in it or if it gets dismantled.
- Remember that if you go for a traditional metal filling, your dentist will have to remove a lot of tooth structure.
- However, composite fillings are known for bonding directly to the tooth due to which the dentist does not need to scrape off an excessive amount of tooth structure.
- The temperature in our mouth keeps altering because of which the integrity of the amalgam filled tooth could get sabotaged. This might happen if the filling expands.
- Tooth-colored fillings do not get affected due to the fluctuation of temperature in our mouth. Therefore, the chances of its quality getting affected are quite less.
Call us today at (214) 643-8146 or visit our place if you want to get your decayed tooth fixed with a dental filling. We will not give you a scope to feel disappointed.