Botox® Therapy For Dental & Facial Pain
Prescribed Information about Botox
BOTOX® is used to treat muscular condition and relax wrinkles cosmetically. People get tempted to do this and tuck in the sagging muscles.
“BOTOX® not only helps with wrinkles, it actually makes you feel more relaxed as frowning causes tension”.
Clostridium botulinum, the form of bacteria which is found in the local setting like lakes, forests, soil and nearby places; is originated in the intestinal tracts of mammals and other shell fish. Such kinds of botulinum bacteria are normally harmless. But when spores change into vegetative cubicles, it multiplies. At certain point bacteria starts producing noxious neurotoxin, which is liable for generating botulism. The BOTOX® used in our office comes directly from Allergan, the manufacturer.
BOTOX® is used to treat certain eye muscle which has been affected and the person is undergoing uncontrolled blinking. It is good way to treat chronic migraines and persistent headache. It has life threatening side effects so, if you want to take this medication consult doctor and know all the details about. It is better to stay safe from the beginning.
How does it work?
- This is a kind of curative protein, which is taken in small units and injected into the muscle body.
- When this is instilled into the muscles, it prevents signals from nerve cells reaching muscles therefore paralyzing them.
- A neurotransmitter, acetylcholine is a kind of chemical that gets just where the nerve cells and muscles conjoint. It is affixed to receptors on the muscle cells and helps to contract and shorten it.
How is the procedure done?
- BOTOX® procedure takes only a few minutes depending on how many area needs to be treated. This process doesn’t require anesthesia but patient may suffer a little ache when the needle will instill the chemical inside the muscle. Three to seven days are required to get the full result. Dentist will suggest you not to consume alcohol during the process.
- Do not take aspirin and anti inflammatory medication at least for two weeks before you start off the treatment to ease staining.
Cosmetic use of Botox
People use this in order to eradicate wrinkles and better their medical conditions. Eye squints, migraines, excess sweating and people who are having leaky bladder can undergo this kind of treatment. Researches and studies have shown that botulinum toxin has been currently approved for the following treatment but not limited to:
- Clenching, Grinding, Bruxism (day and night)
- Migraines and Headaches
- Post-stroke upper limb spasticity.
- Crossed eye, strabismus.
- Detrusor, causing urinary incontinence.
- Hemi facial spasm.
- Glabellar lines which can be found beneath eyebrows.
- Canthal lines.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Disruption of the anal sphincter.
- Oromandibular dystonia.
- Sphincter of oddi.
How long does the effect remain?
The effects of BOTOX® will remain for up to three months, as the contraction of muscle starts to occur, the marks and wrinkles again gets revealed.
Advantages of Botox:
- This is one of the versatile and most valuable treatments that can be used in large number for cosmetic and medical condition.
- Side effects do not last long like other cosmetic treatment. But it stays for few days and then starts to fade.
- Patients can get the result of Botox Injection within few days or within few weeks. Patient can expect quick recovery in their scheduled time.
Caps like shaped it is placed over the crown in teeth to replace the damaged tooth in the gum. It supports the weak tooth or can hold a decayed teeth , and this damage can be cosmetically improved by using ceramic, resin and may range from $750 to $1600.