About Dental Crowns and Bridges in Duncanville , Dallas and Cedar Hill
What is dental crown?
Crowns restorers the damage teeth, and when this is placed in the hands of an expert, they cement by matching the color size shape of the existing teeth.
For aesthetics purpose– Crowns are basically made with resin or porcelain; they keep the luster and the translucency of teeth, so that when you smile you can dazzle anytime and every time.
Opposed to stains– Porcelain is the best choice, because it does not wear away with usage and stain resistant.
Resilient– It last for at least ten to fifteen years at a stretch, if you are not exerting excessive pressure in your teeth by grinding and clenching.
Avoid slip– Crowns are permanent, they are either fixed over your damaged teeth or implanted to replace missing teeth. Unlike dentures which can be shifted, this stays in the place where fixed in.
Resolves speech problem– If you are missing teeth then speech problem may arise. Not only can this but it affect your jaw line which tends to shrink. So by applying dental crowns you can do away with your problems.
Ease yourself– Crowns do not shift like full or partial denture which can cause pain in mouth, as dentures tends to fix in the gum and jaw line which accelerates pain.
At first dentist checks which is best suited for the patient – ceramic, porcelain, resin, and stainless steel. It takes at least two dentists visit appointment. He takes in the impression of the teeth and fixes the mold of the teeth.
The tooth impressions are sent to dental laboratory to tailor the crown. In the next visit if the patient is already having crown then he tries to remove it. Finally he fixes the permanent crown and prescribes the details what need to be done to take care of it.
What is Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges as the name suggest, has the word “bridge” itself, don’t you think it helps to lessen the gap if you are having inside your mouth. Let’s see how it is done.
It is affordable and does not indulge in high risks. Bridge consists of two or more teeth, which are placed by using dental crowns (abutments). It is a kind of prosthetic apparatus which is used to spot the area of the missing teeth. Crowns are attached at each end of it.
Artificial tooth fills the gap and connects with the crown. But if you are interested in using bridges, it is generally of three types:
Traditional Cantilever Maryland
- Traditional bridge has a crown like structure which connects on each side of the artificial teeth.
- Cantilever is a process when crown gets attached to the artificial teeth.
- Maryland Bridge this includes crown which gets attached to the existing teeth.
How dentist starts treating your problem?
Make yourself, comfortable in the chair, the dentist will inject a kind of local anesthesia in your gum tissue which remains on the side of teeth, just adjacent to the bridge. He makes sure that the crown fits in well to the bridge strongly in the place of the missing teeth.
Impression of the adjacent teeth is made and then it is sent to the skilled laboratory to fix the exact shape of the bridge to gain the exact shape and size so that it fits in the mouth well. The alignment of the bridge is made in a way so that it does not interfere while biting.
Until the permanent bridge gets developed a temporary bridge is made by cement till the permanent one comes in to the dentist, within few weeks.
- It needs some time to heal up the pain in mouth. When the bridge is cemented he needs to take care of the hygiene to maintain the durability of the bridge, so that a gum tissue restores back its health soon. Floss threader is available which helps to maintain the hygiene of the bridge. This floss can clean pontics and inner gum tissues thereby maintaining its good health.
- Brushing is mandatory for all; proper fluoride toothpaste is used at least twice a day.
Missing one or more teeth can adversely cause serious trouble in anyone, making the appearance of the person distorted and affects their smile. This affects your bite, adjacent teeth may undergoes change of place, Temporomandibular disorders (TMJ), speech problems and increase periodontal disease, which increases the risk of tooth decay.
Advantages of dental bridges:
- Dental bridges are permanent solution to those who are missing teeth. They are preferred over removable dentures. It is fixed strongly to hold the crown.
- Users take less time to adjust this in mouth. Unlike removable dentures this is light in weight.
- Not many appointments are needed; once the fixing is done it gets adjusted well. Two to three sessions are needed after the surgical insertion is made in the bone.
- It is recommended to use porcelain and zirconium base bridges if demand of aestheticism is high.
In order to chew and masticate the food dental bridges perform their tasks well.