Making your own natural toothpaste is not only eco-friendly but when you know the ingredients then it becomes more usable for the consumers. It is not only the herbal toothpaste that contains fluoride or sodium lauryl sulfate but it varies from using baking soda, aloe, eucalyptus oil myrrh by applying essential oils.
While researching with some of the recipes, you can find the usability of the ingredients in daily life to make natural toothpaste in your home to treat your gum disease effectively. Let’s see how you can make your own toothpaste in simple ways:
- Take baking but the amount should be less than hydrogen peroxide, try to make sure that the paste is not coarse.
- The ratio of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda should be 2:1.
- Stir it until it forms a thick paste.
Vitamins C paucity can increase the risk of periodontal disease, which helps to reduce the formation of gingivitis.
- Try to take foods that are high in Vitamin C like carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and kiwi.
- Mix a few drops of cinnamon, peppermint, and spearmint for the flavor, adding tangerine or lemon or orange are effective options.
- Adding a pinch of salt is of great importance which helps not only in preserving but decreases the rate of bacterial growth.
- Add 5-10 drops of essential oils in the paste. Mix it well till it forms a thick paste.
Myrrh and Echinacea tinctures
- Take 1 part finely ground myrrh, the finer you mix it the more it dissolves.
- If possible smash it 3 to 4 times to make the finest powder.
- Three parts of Proof Grain alcohol or unflavored Vodka, you can take brandy, whiskey or scotch: these are adequate solvents for your paste.
- Now mix the paste in the Mason jar in the tight fitting lid. But if you find any lump try to break it into fine pieces.
- Try to screw the lid tightly and add vegetable oil and run it outside the glass before you screw the lid to prevent the resin from getting glued.
- Shake the mixture well to make a thick paste, for at least once a day in six weeks.
- After the tincture has saturated well try to filter into a clean jar, and this can be done by pouring it through a paper coffee filter in a funnel.
- Scrape all the ground Myrrh into the filter and seal the bottle and leave it undisturbed.
- But if you want then you can add some essential oil to the mixture.
It is an essential oil which helps to treat pain. They are great in using mouthwash and are effective in skirmishing bad breath.
- 3 tablespoon of amla powder mixed with 1 tablespoon of organic Xylitol powder.
- Drop a pinch of 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and then filter the mixture to thin the paste.
- After the mixture is done finally then mix 5 to 10 drops of cinnamon, myrrh, and peppermint oil in it.
Aloe Vera and Mint leaves
- Take a handful of Aloe Vera plant; scrap out the gel mix it with 5tsp. of baking soda and 5tsp of vegetable glycerin with freshly chopped mint.
- Mix everything well and if you want you can add 10 drops of eucalyptus, peppermint, and cinnamon or spearmint oil.
Oil pulling method is one of the effective and ancient techniques which is used to clean the orifice at a faster rate.
- Put 1 to 2 teaspoon of coconut oil into the mouth, if you want you can also add some essential oil to it.
- You need to swish it at least for twenty minutes to get the best result.
- The mixture will get thick and milky in texture as it is mixed with the saliva.
- Do not swallow the mixture, spit it out. Then rinse your mouth with warm water to prevent the growth of bacteria.
Try this wonderful recipes in your home to get the best outcome.
For any further help you can contact Village Family Dental.