Are you missing one or more teeth? In this case, you can consider Dental Implants. Dental implants solve the issue and fill the gap of your missing teeth.
Missing teeth can affect an individual’s oral health in many ways. If left untreated it interrupts the chewing ability. It also has a negative impact on the structure in a major way. Moreover, it changes the look of someone’s smile.
Anyhow, Implants are not for everyone. Your dentist can recommend to you the best option to restore your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are in fact artificial tooth roots that are made up of titanium. When your dentist places it inside your jaw, they offer a sturdy foundation to support fixed/removable replacement teeth. This may include dental crowns, bridges, or dentures.
5 signs that you are a candidate for Dental Implants
- Gums and teeth must be in good health.
- An implant needs proper bone density to supply good support.
- Implementing proper oral practices daily.
- You have to quit smoking unless your mouth heals completely.
- Maintain patience with the process that takes up to twelve months.
A few common factors that your prosthodontist will look for includes:
- Ample bone support—Dental implants actually fuse with your jawbone. Proper bone density and quality are some of the most important needs to anchor the tooth.
Kids especially don’t often qualify for implant dentistry because their bones are not sufficiently developed.
- Good overall health— As implant dentistry is a surgical method, it is essential that you are in good health. Patients who smoke, drink alcohol or have diabetes often have less success rates.
Especially, these situations can interrupt oral health, which affects the curing process of the implant. However, if your diabetes is under control, then you can still qualify for dental implants.
- Healthy Gums— Healthy gums are very important to support the new dental implant as it combines with the jawbone. Patients with a high risk of periodontal (gum) disease usually undergo implant failure.
It is mandatory to get a cleaning before the dentist places the Implants.
- Commitment to Oral Health—Dental implant needs excellent oral hygiene. A commitment to daily brushing and flossing, along with a timely visits to the dentist is vital.
Keep in mind that these hygiene habits are important to maintain proper health along with your natural teeth.
Anyhow, the suitable way to decide whether you are a candidate for implants is to visit a Prosthodontist. A qualified Prosthodontist is an expert who positions your Implants and restores your smile.
Get the Care you need!
Now, if you are searching for a Dentist in Dallas, TX to get the Implants then do call us at Village Family Dental. Your Dentist in Dallas will provide you the best treatment you deserve.